About the Tour:
Set off on an adventurous drive through the iconic routes of the remote lands to Lahaul & Spiti, indeed a bucket list destination for many millennials and older travelers alike. Capture an instagram story as you cross the majestic cold barren lands of Himalayan hills, pristine gurgling rivers, scenic alpine lakes, rich Buddhist culture and discover the reason why Rudyard Kipling described Spiti as “Surely the Gods must live here, this is no place for men."
Explore the Key Gompa, the biggest monastery sitting on the terrace land in the middle of nowhere making it appear like a castle in the clouds and get an additional bonus from spotting that ever-elusive Snow Leopard and a rare purple cactus that are safely guarded in this remote land. As you camp at the crescent shaped Chandratal lake, the changing shades of turquoise water under the moonlight starry sky will bring you peace after a long adventurous day.
Tour at a glance :
Day-1: Shimla Pick Up and Drive to Narkanda Via Kufri, Fagu.
Day-2: Narkanda to Sangla via Rampur.
Day-3: Sangla to Kalpa via Chitkul.
Day-4: Kalpa to Tabo via Nako, Gue Monastery.
Day-5: Tabo to Kaza via Dhankar.
Day-6: Kaza Local Sightseeing Langza, Hikkim,Komick, Key Monastery, Chicham Bridge.
Day-7: Kaza to Chandratal Lake.
Day-8: Chandratal Lake to Manali (Drop).
Day 1: Shimla – Kufri – Fagu -Narkanda: Stay Narkanda
- Assemble at Boarding Point in Shimla and head towards Narkanda.
- Take appropriate breaks on the way and enjoy the beauty as you leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind.
- Lost yourself amidst scenic valleys on either side of the road.
Day 2 : Narkanda- Rampur - Sangla: Stay Sangla
- Enjoy a nice, warm breakfast with a view of the mountains and head to Sangla.
- We will drive on an amazing stretch of the old Hindustan-Tibet – the Tranda Dhank (cliff) stop at Tranda Devi temple. The road through Tranda cliff was built during colonial times (1850s) when Lord Dalhausie was governor general of India. It is unbelievable that the road through a vertical rock face was constructed with basic tools without any modern blasting and rock cutting machines.
Day 3 : Sangla – Chitkul - Kalpa : Stay Kalpa
- This morning after breakfast, we will be driving you to Chitkul (25 kms, total 1 hrs, each side – 3,450 metres / 11,318 feet.) which is the last village on Indian side on the Indo–Tibetan border. The village of Chitkul is like something from a fairy tale, and you will have a chance to walk slowly around it.
- After spending some time in Chitkul we start our return journey to Kalpa.
- Reach Kalpa in evening enjoy the stunning view of Kinner Kailash Peak.
- Visit Suicide point and Roghi Village.
Day 4 : Kalpa – Khab – Nako -Tabo : Stay Tabo
- Enjoy a nice, warm breakfast with a view of Kinner Kailash Peak
- On your way you will notice the terrain change and you will see the end of tree line.
- On the way to Tabo you will see the confluence of Spiti and Sutlej river at Khab.
- Reach scenic Nako village- visit the lake in Nako.
- Enroot visit Gue Monastery: Home to Old Indian Mummy. Gue is an almost isolated habitation with no other village in view, but what makes it famous is over the 500-years-old mummy of a Buddhist monk. On a small hillock just on the outskirts of the village in a small room, inside a glass cabin, lies the mummy of an old monk.
Day 5 : Tabo – Dhankar – Pin Valley -Kaza : Stay Kaza
- Take the morning easy, have your breakfast and visit the “Ajanta of Himalayas”- The Tabo Monastery which is close to a 1000 years old now.
- On your way visit Dhankar Monastery, if the road is open – Dhankar used to be the Seat of the King in ancient times- the most beautiful setting for a monument, which hangs on a cliff and overlooks the confluence of the Spiti and Pin rivers.
- We drive to Mudh village, the last village in Pin valley. Pin valley is the least explored valley in Spiti region of Himachal Pradesh. Visit the Kungri Monastery and then the beautiful hamlet of Mudh – the last motorable village of the Pin Valley.
Day 6: Kaza – Hikkim – Komic – Langza –Key – Kibber: Stay Kaza
- This is going to be a long day and we will start early on this day.
- First, we will be visiting Hikkim, and send postcards from the World’s Highest Post Office.
- Next, we will visit the World’s Highest Village connected via motor-able road, Komik
- Adorable views of the Chau Chau Kang Nelda Park and The Buddha Statue is waiting for you at Langza.
- We also visit the world-famous Ki Monastery, situated at a height of 13,668 feet. With over 1000 years’ worth stories to tell, Ki Monastery was founded by the discipline of the famous Atisha in the 11th century CE.
- Chicham Bridge – The Bridge is at a staggering height of13596 ft. look down and you will find yourself gaping below at a 100 ft deep gorge. Visit Kibber Village & driver back to Kaza .
Day 7 : Kaza – Chandertal Lake : Stay Chandratal
- We take one last stop at another Spitian wonder – Chandratal Lake. The mystical and beautiful Chandratal Lake, which translates to Moon Lake, is located at a height of 13,940 feet.
- The Chandra Bhaga mountain range forms a striking backdrop for the lake, which changes appearance according to the pictures painted in the sky.
- After capturing the colors of the beautiful Chandratal Lake, we drive to our camping site where a hot supper under the gaze of a million stars and the Milky Way awaits us.
Day 8 : Chandratal – Manali : Manali Drop
- Enjoy a nice, warm breakfast with a view of the chandertal lake and head to Manali.
- We continue tracing our steps back, driving on the Kaza – Manali road and after a few hours of driving and some more stunning landscape, we pass through the famous Rohtang Pass where you can even stop for a brilliant photo session.
- Reach Manali by evening & end your tour sweet Memories for your onwards Journey.
For Package Details, Please Call us at: (+91) 78310-50555, (+91) 98163-50555
Important Places to Visit In This Tour
Package Tour Price
* Package Starting From.
7 Nights & 8 Days | Pickup: Shimla & Drop: Manali* Price is for 6Pax. without GST.* Package Meals will be served in MAP Basis
* Call Us for Latest Package Offers.