Spiti Valley exists in the upper Himalayan region - the middle land, which is filled with wonders and sights that are unparalleled. Spiti Valley, where birds fly across the blue skies, while the towering mountains keep the secret of this land, safe in their shadows. Spiti Valley, where chants ring across the rustic monasteries and the villages lay perched on the far away slopes. Each looking like a dream you would want to live. Spiti Valley is the land where you would listen to stories that belongs to a lifestyle you had never imagined about; where you would visit a lake existing in the middle of nowhere, as if an oasis for the Gods who once lives here. This guided and curated eight-day Spiti Valley road trip is designed for travellers looking for an authentic Spiti Valley experience in a week’s time. Shared by a small group of travellers, this Spiti Valley Tour includes travelling in a comfortable Force Traveller to some of the most popular villages of Spiti Valley including Asia’s highest villages – Komik and Kibber. Marvel at the wondrous structure of the Key Monastery and get ready to be amazed by the Tabo Monastery – a 1020-year-old UNESCO World Heritage Site. End this tour on a high note (literally), as you spend a night, gazing at the Milky Way and the millions of stars while camping around the stunningly beautiful Chandratal Lake.
BRIEF ITINEARY :
Day-1: Shimla Pick Up and Drive to Narkanda Via Kufri, Fagu.
Day-2: Narkanda to Sangla via Rampur.
Day-3: Sangla to Kalpa via Chitkul.
Day-4: Kalpa to Tabo via Nako, Gue Monastery.
Day-5: Tabo to Kaza via Dhankar.
Day-6: Kaza Local Sightseeing Langza, Hikkim,Komick, Key Monastery, Chicham Bridge.
Day-7: Kaza to Chandratal Lake.
Day-8: Chandratal Lake to Manali (Drop).
Day 1: Shimla – Kufri – Fagu -Narkanda: Stay Narkanda
- Assemble at Boarding Point in Shimla and head towards Narkanda.
- Take appropriate breaks on the way and enjoy the beauty as you leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind.
- Lost yourself amidst scenic valleys on either side of the road.
Day 2 : Narkanda- Rampur - Sangla: Stay Sangla
- Enjoy a nice, warm breakfast with a view of the mountains and head to Sangla.
- We will drive on an amazing stretch of the old Hindustan-Tibet – the Tranda Dhank (cliff) stop at Tranda Devi temple. The road through Tranda cliff was built during colonial times (1850s) when Lord Dalhausie was governor general of India. It is unbelievable that the road through a vertical rock face was constructed with basic tools without any modern blasting and rock cutting machines.
Day 3 : Sangla – Chitkul - Kalpa : Stay Kalpa
- This morning after breakfast, we will be driving you to Chitkul (25 kms, total 1 hrs, each side – 3,450 metres / 11,318 feet.) which is the last village on Indian side on the Indo–Tibetan border. The village of Chitkul is like something from a fairy tale, and you will have a chance to walk slowly around it.
- After spending some time in Chitkul we start our return journey to Kalpa.
- Reach Kalpa in evening enjoy the stunning view of Kinner Kailash Peak.
- Visit Suicide point and Roghi Village.
Day 4 : Kalpa – Khab – Nako -Tabo : Stay Tabo
- Enjoy a nice, warm breakfast with a view of Kinner Kailash Peak
- On your way you will notice the terrain change and you will see the end of tree line.
- On the way to Tabo you will see the confluence of Spiti and Sutlej river at Khab.
- Reach scenic Nako village- visit the lake in Nako.
- Enroot visit Gue Monastery: Home to Old Indian Mummy. Gue is an almost isolated habitation with no other village in view, but what makes it famous is over the 500-years-old mummy of a Buddhist monk. On a small hillock just on the outskirts of the village in a small room, inside a glass cabin, lies the mummy of an old monk.
Day 5 : Tabo – Dhankar – Pin Valley -Kaza : Stay Kaza
- Take the morning easy, have your breakfast and visit the “Ajanta of Himalayas”- The Tabo Monastery which is close to a 1000 years old now.
- On your way visit Dhankar Monastery, if the road is open – Dhankar used to be the Seat of the King in ancient times- the most beautiful setting for a monument, which hangs on a cliff and overlooks the confluence of the Spiti and Pin rivers.
- We drive to Mudh village, the last village in Pin valley. Pin valley is the least explored valley in Spiti region of Himachal Pradesh. Visit the Kungri Monastery and then the beautiful hamlet of Mudh – the last motorable village of the Pin Valley.
Day 6: Kaza – Hikkim – Komic – Langza –Key – Kibber: Stay Kaza
- This is going to be a long day and we will start early on this day.
- First, we will be visiting Hikkim, and send postcards from the World’s Highest Post Office.
- Next, we will visit the World’s Highest Village connected via motor-able road, Komik
- Adorable views of the Chau Chau Kang Nelda Park and The Buddha Statue is waiting for you at Langza.
- We also visit the world-famous Ki Monastery, situated at a height of 13,668 feet. With over 1000 years’ worth stories to tell, Ki Monastery was founded by the discipline of the famous Atisha in the 11th century CE.
- Chicham Bridge – The Bridge is at a staggering height of13596 ft. look down and you will find yourself gaping below at a 100 ft deep gorge. Visit Kibber Village & driver back to Kaza .
Day 7 : Kaza – Chandertal Lake : Stay Chandratal
- We take one last stop at another Spitian wonder – Chandratal Lake. The mystical and beautiful Chandratal Lake, which translates to Moon Lake, is located at a height of 13,940 feet.
- The Chandra Bhaga mountain range forms a striking backdrop for the lake, which changes appearance according to the pictures painted in the sky.
- After capturing the colors of the beautiful Chandratal Lake, we drive to our camping site where a hot supper under the gaze of a million stars and the Milky Way awaits us.
Day 8 : Chandratal – Manali : Manali Drop
- Enjoy a nice, warm breakfast with a view of the chandertal lake and head to Manali.
- We continue tracing our steps back, driving on the Kaza – Manali road and after a few hours of driving and some more stunning landscape, we pass through the famous Rohtang Pass where you can even stop for a brilliant photo session.
- Reach Manali by evening & end your tour sweet Memories for your onwards Journey.
For Package Details, Please Call us at: (+91) 78310-50555, (+91) 98163-50555
- 7 Nights accommodation in Hotel, Camp, and Guest House.
- 7 breakfast and 7 dinner in hotel, camp and Guest House.
- All transportation will be organized by us through the above mentioned vehicle with a professional driver.
- Driver allowance, Toll, Parking, Road Tax, Fuel charge, Night Halt.
- All personal expenses, meals those not available in the itinerary, and anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Entry fees to the sightseeing spots, camera fees, and cost of all other optional activities (subjected to choice of package).
- Any guide charges.
- Any air / train fare. /Train Tickets / Flight Tickets
- Entry Ticket
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephones, Camera Fees, etc.
- 50% of the booking amounts need to be paid in advance. Booking will be confirmed only after receiving the advance money.
- You can transfer advance amount and inform us transaction details through email or call to your personal executive and we initiate booking.
- You will be updated with booking status and will be sending Package voucher once booking is completed.
- Pick up details will be sent to you through SMS one day prior to your date of arrival.
- In case of cancellation for group from organizer side, due to any unavoidable circumstances, we will try to transfer the booking in other group departure (if client deny opting for transfer of booking to other group then there will be no refund). Else, we will refund 100% amount deposited.
- In case of cancellation from client side, after the registration at any point of time, then in that case there will be no refund.
Accessories Need to Carry:
- Mobile phone. BSNL number if possible. Otherwise Airtel post-paid also work most places. BSNL work in most of the terrains.
- Camera (Your choice)
- Mobile Charger & Power bank
- Sunglasses – Recommended. Both for safety and style
- Recommended for remote areas – Small water bottle, say 500 ml.
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Toilet Soap/ Hand sanitizer.
- Tissue papers and hand towel.
- Face wash and Deodorant
- Moisturizing Cream and Talc powder.(Must for Bike Riders)
- Sunscreen recommended.
- Lip Guard (very much needed)
Clothing Kit :
- Backpack Allowed Only (NO suitcase or NO Trolley Bag Allowed)
- 1 Towel. 4 – 6 Pairs of socks (woollen)
- 1 pair of flip flops. At least two light jackets. Warm head cover, ear covers & Forehead covers (To avoid getting AMS in high altitude due to cold winds). 2 heavy woolen jacket. Woollen hand gloves. At least 1-2 pairs of thermal – Most useful thing. This way your bag comes down to half its size.
- Rain coat – A Must thing. Even if it’s not raining it will save you from cold winds, mud and water on roads.
- 2-3 Jeans / Track pants (If you want more comfort) and 3 to 4 T shirt.
Terms & Conditions :
- Above rates are calculated on the basis of hotels mentioned.
- The Thrill Himalaya Tour and Travels does not have any HIDDEN charges.
- During the journey if someone asks for extra money, Please inform us and we will not be responsible if you pay the amount without our concern.
- Booking will be confirmed only after receiving the advance payment.